Blog Journal #6

The website I chose to visit was https://www.fsus.school/Domain/40. This website was part of a third grade class at FSUS. After clicking on a particular teachers name I got the choice to visit her personal classroom website. This site brought me to a cute homepage where she had a welcome page. This welcome page was decorated with a picture of little monsters in the spirit of Halloween. From the homepage there was a side bar with different options of things to see, from about the teacher to the homework packets from each week. She has everything organized which allowed me to use her site with ease. Below is a screenshot of her home page!


I can totally see myself suing a website like this for when I become a teacher. This would allow me to share information with my student’s parents and for them to be able to reach me, communication would run a lot smoother with such a tool. I also can see how it be easier for a parent to track what their student is doing if it is all online, for example if a student forgets their spelling words a copy of the list is upload on the site for the parents to print out. It allowed everything to stay organized along with having a calendar so your student's parents can stay up to date with everything happening in your classroom. 


Last week I really enjoyed our class field trip to the technology sandbox. This really inspired me and remind me how excited I am to be joining such an amazing major. My favorite tool I saw at the sandbox was portably the 3D printer or smart board. The 3D printer was truly amazing. I began to think of all the things that it could be used for and it was extremely useful. I really liked how they used the 3D printer to help visually disability students. I can see the smart board being extremely useful when using in class activities. It allowed us to have hands in learning which will be extremely useful when teaching my elementary class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Set Up

ILP#2 (Short Story)