Blog Journal #1

Technology in the classroom has come a long way in the last few decades. With this new influx of technology into our society it would only make sense that technology would soon make its way into the teaching world as well. Technology plays a massive role an influencing a teacher on what he or she teaches. It is now not only acceptable to prepare students for the 3R's, these students will need to be technological literate as well. Technology in the classroom not only encourages the 21st century way of teaching but supports it as well. Teachers have to ensure a place for their students in society and teaching them with technology is a huge step. One of the ISTE standards that is most meaningful to me is creativity and innovative because growing up learning did not come easy to me so I always had to be creative in the ways I taught myself the assigned material. In my classroom I know I will come up with new and innovative ways to help teach my students especially with all the new technology for students these days. One of the ISTE standards I hope to become more familiar with is communication and collaboration. I hope with the use of technology it will allow me to be able to assign more group work and allow my students to better communicate with each other.

Growing up with technology in my classroom I agree with the label "digital native" for today's youth. It is hard to remember a time when my teachers didn't have a smartboard or use a projector when presenting to my class. Since I grew up in the generation of digital natives I have seen the way teachers could be labeled as digital immigrants. Not growing up without the technology we have today and then trying to teach a class with technology can be very challenging. The impact technology has made on my classroom experience has had a extensive affect on my learning. I can see a colossal difference in the way technology will affect my classroom over the way I was taught with it. I can anticipate my students being a great deal better at technology than me. I hope that by the time I have my classroom technology will be more common allowing us to use these products more freely and smoothly.

Comments

  1. I love what you said about creativity and innovative. I think that one is most meaningful to me as well. I think the best way to get someone to remember and understand a concept is to present it to them in a creative and original way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you know that your students will most likely know more about technology than you do. I think that this idea is not always accepted by some teachers which can create a disconnect especially in our technology based society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with what you said about learning how to better communication. I always hated how awkward group projects could be because the students were always so uninterested in talking to each other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Set Up

ILP#2 (Short Story)