Blog Journal #3
One of the ELA standards I feel prepared the most to teach would be the use of texts featured in popular media. Starting out as a young teacher I feel like this would be easiest for me for two main reasons. First because my use of technology will be up to date and I will be able to keep up with the young students in my classroom. Keeping up with the growth of technology will benefit me and my students when it comes time to use the technology in the classroom. The second reason is because I will be right out of college I will still be updated on the social trends that are influencing my students. These texts can be found anywhere from images on Facebook, videos on twitter or even an articles found on a blog. The use of popular media in the classroom I feel sometime goes unnoticed. I think a major thing about using popular media is that ability to connect with your class on social level. With that connection I feel like students are able to see how things they do in their everyday lives are also connected to the things they learn in the classroom.
The technology software I plan on using in my classroom would be browser software and video blogs. I hope to become an elementary education major so that would be the age I would focusing on. These two software tools would be able to benefit my classroom immensely and help me teach my students to the best of my abilities. I would use the browser software to search the website and have my students do the same. Though this seems like basic task it is the foundation of a young child’s technology background. These video blogs would consist on TedTalks and educational videos on the subject we are learning. My old high school teachers used TedTalks and I felt that they were very educational but also enjoyable to listen too. They made it so learning information for interesting something I hope to accomplish in my classroom.
Lastly I learned a pretty good amount after finishing my newsletter. When we were first assigned the newsletter I thought it would be a lot easier than it turned out to be. This assignment taught me a lot of what features Word has to offer and how to use them to my ability. I think the next time I do this assignment it will for sure take me less time only because I will understand how to use the software. I also think that it will be more creative now that I know how to upload photos and word art to make them more fun. I can see how this would be very helpful in my future career. Especially since I hope to work as an elementary school teacher I remember as a young child getting a newsletter home each week! These are super important to help keep the parents updated and informed while also forming a unique teacher parent communication bond.
The technology software I plan on using in my classroom would be browser software and video blogs. I hope to become an elementary education major so that would be the age I would focusing on. These two software tools would be able to benefit my classroom immensely and help me teach my students to the best of my abilities. I would use the browser software to search the website and have my students do the same. Though this seems like basic task it is the foundation of a young child’s technology background. These video blogs would consist on TedTalks and educational videos on the subject we are learning. My old high school teachers used TedTalks and I felt that they were very educational but also enjoyable to listen too. They made it so learning information for interesting something I hope to accomplish in my classroom.
Lastly I learned a pretty good amount after finishing my newsletter. When we were first assigned the newsletter I thought it would be a lot easier than it turned out to be. This assignment taught me a lot of what features Word has to offer and how to use them to my ability. I think the next time I do this assignment it will for sure take me less time only because I will understand how to use the software. I also think that it will be more creative now that I know how to upload photos and word art to make them more fun. I can see how this would be very helpful in my future career. Especially since I hope to work as an elementary school teacher I remember as a young child getting a newsletter home each week! These are super important to help keep the parents updated and informed while also forming a unique teacher parent communication bond.
Comments
Post a Comment