Blog Journal #4

Since this is my first time using Twitter it did take me a while to get use too. I had to learn all of the different tools twitter offered to be able to use these social media to my full ability. After getting into the swing of things I could see how this would be able to help me in my near future. It allowed me to connect with teachers from around the country and communicate with them on how they feel technology in important in the classroom. This was important because I could ask questions to other teachers and by doing this I was able to learn new and unique ways of teaching I would have never thought of it. I like the idea of sharing ideas to benefit all of our students.

The digital divide is a major problem amongst our school and our students. Not every school has the means to provide technology to their students hindering their ability to grow as the students who do have access to these tools. This automatic puts them at a disadvantage at no fault of their own. As a future educator I can totally see how this would effect me in the classroom. Not being able to teach students with the tools they need is hard and can be frustrating to the teachers who are trying so hard to prepare them for the world around them. As teachers they hope to give their best to their students and without the means to do so is very hard.


In the near future I hope to be teaching elementary education so they student software I think I would use the most of would be videos. I remember being an third grade watching videos with songs to help us remember on conjunctions in grammar or help us divide in math. These tools may seem basic but as a third grader they are important building blocks for the rest of their life using technology. These videos will also be useful when trying to teach them a new lesson, most lesson books come with links to cool videos so the student is able to access this information at home as well in a different light catering to their own personal learning style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #1

(1) ILP “Twitter Chat ”

Blog Set Up