Blog Journal #5

I think the most useful Web 2.0 technologies would be both Youtube and TedTalks. Both these applications are used for sharing videos and when doing this it is easy to rely information to each other.  This makes things easier when trying to teach a class because it can shed a new light on what you are learning. Watching a video allows students to visualize what the teacher is teaching in class allowing them to get another view of that information. Throughout high school my teachers would show TedTalks to help explain things to us that were hard to teach or hard to explain. I found these super helpful as a student and plan on using them in the future.

TedTalks and Youtube like I mentioned above are two of the technologies I plan on using the most when I become a teacher in the classroom.This is because when teaching younger students I found that this has been the most resourceful and allows them to actually see what we have been talking about in class. I think these tools would be the most helpful because there are times when subjects are hard to explain, like history, and it is much easier to watch a video on it. For example if you wanted to learn more about World War 2 sometimes watching a video can be more meaningful and you can actually see history playing out. This allows students with all kinds of learning styles to be able to learn. 

The biggest promise for educational technology to me is Cloud computing. I think cloud computing is a major help when do group projects or just sharing information. For example if I had a group project and we all could not meet in person we could share a document on google docs and we could all work on it together. This technology allows more group working which is a great skill for the future. The one technology I can not see working out too well is google glass. I think it is a great concept and extremely helpful but not for the classroom setting. Each student would need to have his or her own which is a lot of money for the school to spend and most schools could never afford. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Set Up

ILP#2 (Short Story)